Monday, November 28, 2011

Whose Opinion Is Important

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Pleasing God should be, as a Christian, my number one goal in life. I mean, He made me, has a plan for my life, and has shown His love for me a thousand times. I know that He is should be everything for me.

But then there's people. They are a pressure to look right, say the right things, and act the right way. They don't have to truly say anything for me to know that there is an acceptable way to do things. So, sometimes I forget about the important things - like going that extra step to help someone or speaking what I actually believe - because I am caught up in worrying about how everyone else perceives me.

Then there's this verse that brings me back to the reality of life in God, and another one that's even more powerful and convincing - "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt. 10:28 God matters. People - not so much. What they think is best, what they think is acceptable, is not nearly as important as what God wants for my life. Now if I could just remember that...

-Aylin

No comments:

Post a Comment