Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trust. . .

These are two of the results for trust from http://www.dictionary.com/ : 

1) Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2) Confident expectation of something; hope.
You see, trust has always been a hard one for me. I've had people let me down; we all have.  So it's hard for me to then, put everything I have in the hands of God, Whom I can't even see. 
"Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 
I really like the American Standard Version of this verse. It uses such strong, meaningful words. 
I think God has been using this verse, and others like it, to help give me confidence and trust in Him. I learned that, apparently, not only does He want us to believe in Him although we can't see Him, but He wants us to have conviction of it!

Conviction. . .that's not exactly something that comes easily. It involves a lot of prayer, reading the Bible, talking with fellow Christians. . . It's just a part of walking with God. :) 

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment