Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Febuary 1st

Happy first of February, my dear friends! Cold, bitter January is past and we are moving on toward spring. Well, January is supposed to be cold and bitter, I thought. Where I live, we are usually covered in quite a bit of snow right now - but not this year! If I look out the window right now, all I see is yellowy-green grass and puddles everywhere.

I'm getting ever so excited about spring coming, even though it is still a ways off yet. Spring means fresh, green buds, lots of birds, recitals (well, maybe I'm not so excited over that), my birthday, and - if it's dry enough out - football and soccer outside at youth group. Right now I'm getting anxious from sitting in the house all day. I'm trying to stay busy painting, writing, and doing school, but I can't wait for Spring!

Even so, I'm trying to count each day's blessings from God and not waste a single one. I don't do a great job at it, because I often get too caught up with thinking about the future, but I have been making a conscious effort to think about today. With a lot looming in my future (driving, college, yikes!), I sometimes forget to think about what I can be doing right now. God's got the rest.


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
don’t rely on your own intelligence.
Know him in all your paths,
and he will keep your ways straight."
-Psalms 3:5-6

-Aylin

No comments:

Post a Comment