Thursday, December 1, 2011

I want to know. . .

I honestly don't understand this:

Why do we care so much about man's opinions?

Shouldn't God's be all that matters?

And yet. . .I do it too. I do it, you do it, everyone does it. But does that make it right? I just don't get why people care so much.

I mean, man is ever-changing; their opinions can change in a matter of seconds. Plus, what they tell you may not be real, they may lie to you out of many things; jealousy, self-pity, anger. . .

But God's opinion, that doesn't change. Ever.

I find something so comforting about that. . . God doesn't change. His love, His forgiveness, His faithfulness. . none of that ever changes.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." 


Matthew 24:35 


~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. There's so much pressure from the world to fit in and get people's attention and look the best and stuff. It's so hard not to constantly compare yourself to others and worry about what they think of you, and then all of a sudden you think...Oh. Their opinion doesn't really matter. God loves me a whole lot more than they ever could (whoever 'they' is). I'm His daughter, His precious jewel, and though I can't fully understand His great love for me, I will live for Him, live in His unchanging love, forgiveness, and faithfulness, like you said.

    Thanks for the reminder. ;) God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete