Monday, October 10, 2011

Peace

"Therefore, let's keep on pursuing those things that bring peace and that lead to building up one another." - Romans 14:19

Keeping peace is hard! If you have siblings, like I do, you know what I mean! Keeping harmony in the house is like a crazy balancing act on a tightrope fifty feet in the air. It's tricky - and takes a lot of practice. Building each other up isn't easy, either. The selfish pride that makes us think only of ourselves, and not the feelings of those around us, is a hard habit to break. It's a habit we're born with - or at least, I was! But I'm not the greatest person to walk the planet, and I need to remember that other people are just as important as me. And the Bible says I am to "build up" everyone. Others should be my #1 concern.

So, I need to show love, encouragement, patience with everyone. And peace. Because, without that, my life is just another meaningless, self centered existence - and that is not what God has called me to be!

-Aylin

No comments:

Post a Comment