Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Hands Came Away Red



So, who likes fiction? I am addicted to it - and the past few days I have been reading a great book! It is called My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay. It's about six American teenagers who go on a mission trip to Indonesia. While they are there, fighting breaks out between the Muslims and the Christians, churches are being burned, and innocent people are being massacred by the Muslims. The teenagers are forced to hide in the jungle and try to find their way to safety with little provisions and Mani, their Indonesian friend.


I'm not finished with the book yet, but so far it has been amazing. It is written in the viewpoint of one of the girls', Cori's, perspective. Seeing the pain and suffering of the Indonesians through her story has been eye-opening for me. Even though the book is factious, the struggle and bloodshed in Indonesia is fact, just as it is in many other places in the world.


So, I would encourage you to check out My Hands Came Away Red! It is a great book and definitely worth the time to read.


-Aylin

No comments:

Post a Comment