Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not What You Think

Lately, God has really been helping me see all people as His children, and not to judge others. It's been a long, hard process... and it's something that I still struggle with.

I had this really powerful moment a few months ago. I judge a majority of the people I judge by outside appearances.... but there was one day that this really changed for me. I was at a winter weekend retreat at a local camp.

We were singing "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band. This song already stirs a lot of emotions for me in the first place... Anyway, I was standing next to a girl with bright pink hair (and, of course "I would never die MY hair pink...."), and we were singing it together.

Together.

And in that moment, with the two of us singing about the Father's amazing love, I realized that I was the one that needed to examine myself. I was being judgmental of someone, when the judging wasn't up to me. I see her as God's precious child now, the way that I should be seeing her.

Like I said, I still struggle with this a lot. But, like with everything else... I need God. And without Him, I can only go down.  Without Him, we will only go down.

Most of you have probably heard of Susan Boyle, the Britain's Got Talent sensation. I think she's an excellent example of how people are so much more than their appearances.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment