Thursday, March 29, 2012

Confession--Part One

So... This is really important. So important that it has to go beyond this post. You have to do what it says. It's that important.

When I'm angry, I tend to keep it all bottled up inside until it gets to the point where I can't stand to hold it all in anymore, so it all explodes on some random person that has no idea what I'm talking about. And, generally, they still won't afterwards--because I'll be too scared to admit the real reason why I'm ticked.

Don't get me wrong--we should always go to God first with our needs and frustrations. Always.

But, God speaks in many ways. And, quite often, it's through other people.

Lately, I've been feeling somewhat emotional and depressed about a variety of things. Some simple, some large. I felt the need to tell someone about it, to get it all off my shoulders. I had a six hour car ride with a close friend and, within the privacy of her dry-erase board, confessed--bit by bit--everything. It felt so good, and now that she knows, it's easier to get advice from her. And she gave me amazing advice--good, godly advice.

Now, are you going to get that same good, godly advice from a non-Christian? I think not.

It's so important that we turn to other Christians.


"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:1-2  


Now, does this mean that we have to carry their burdens upon ourselves? Only Christ can do that. But what we can do is smile with them, cry with them, laugh with them. Give them the advice and love they need to make it through the day. Sometimes all someone needs is to be listened to. 


Maybe you know someone who is burdened--or maybe you are burdened yourself. Maybe you feel like the whole world is resting on your shoulders. 


Tell someone. It's so simple. 


~Elizabeth







No comments:

Post a Comment