Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Self Control, Part 2

Sorry about the lack of posting last week--I'm going to try to make up for it. Anyway...

I think that there's more to self control then anger management. We need to control ourselves in plenty more ways then that--we are God's holy temple, and because God has set us apart, we need to choose to live apart.

That means in all areas of our lives--that means that we need to not only abstain from anger, but also drugs, large consumption of alcohol (or under-aged usage of it), and any form of adultery (these are just some examples).

We, by our actions, represent God.

How do you think it looks when we (representations of God) use drugs, get drunk, dress immodestly, or have adultery?

We look like complete and utter hypocrites.

Now, how do you think a non-Christian would look at that? I'm not saying we need to be perfect, because we can't in the first place.  But we need to ask God this:

What do you want from me--and after you reveal this to me, can you help me get to that point?

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment