Thursday, March 1, 2012

Self-Control

I have this friend that lives nine hours away from me, but we see each other each year at a servant event at my camp.

Needless to say, since this is the only time I get to see her, I want to spend every second of it with her. So, when she brought a friend with her that also wanted all of her attention, a lot of tension grew between us (her friend and me). In fact, her friend actually got really nasty about it.

But I was in my Youth Group the other night, and the guy was talking about how God can use those points when we are just so angry and so frustrated to remain Christ-like and be good examples. He said that people will notice if you stand out, and they will ask why you do. Which, of course, is an amazing opportunity to share the Gospel.

So, though self-control is hard, I think we all need to (with and through God, of course) persevere through it all so that we can show them that we are Christians by our self-control--by our love.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment