Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God is Good


It's been a while since I last posted (sorry!), but what I'm writing on is really important. 

I think sometimes we (myself included) picture God as this evil king sitting on a black throne, holding up his staff and constantly looking for ways to torture us. 

But that's not how God is at all. He is good, and He cares about us so much. He looks for ways to bless us, and while yes He puts us through trials, He does it so that His perfect plan may occur. 



Trust in the Lord and do good.
    Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.
 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
    Trust him, and he will help you.
 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
    and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
    and wait patiently for him to act.   
                                                  Psalm 37: 3-7 

I came across this a few days ago when I was reading my Bible. It struck me as...well... beautiful. I mean, isn't it such an amazing picture? That God will make our innocence radiate like the dawn? It just sort of puts things into perspective. 

God loves us, and works all things together for the good of those who love Him. :) 

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment