Friday, June 1, 2012

The Word

Last year, I went through the One Year Bible program. It was great, and I got a lot closer to God...and then I stopped. January came this year, and I was lazy--I didn't do it again. In fact, I hardly picked up my Bible for months. 

My attitude started plummeting. I became depressed. I started making bad decisions. I stopped taking care of myself. 

...And I started questioning God. 

A few weeks ago, I picked up my Bible again. I started reading it, at first just reading a random chapter a day. Then I started reading whole books at a time. 

I started feeling better, and I started to feel more alive in Christ.  

The Word of God is powerful; it can, has, and will change lives. Never doubt it's power--it is as sharp as a double edged sword. 

Try different versions, see what you like. Lately, I've been reading NLT (New Living Translation). It's like I'm reading a devotion, and it makes reading the Bible more simple. 

My personal favorite versions, however, are these: 

New International Version, New King James Version, English Standard Version, New Living Translation, and the American Standard Version.  

So, as soon as you're done reading this, I encourage you to dive into your Bible--today and everyday. 

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment