Friday, August 9, 2013

5 Things About Kingdom Bound 2013

This year I had the privilege of attending the 2013 Kingdom Bound Music Festival at an amusement park near my home.  It was four, amazing days where I was able to go and worship my Creator along with some of the greatest Christian bands in existence.  Here are five things that happened at Kingdom Bound this year:

1.  NEEDTOBREATHE singer Bear was in a car crash and couldn't make it to the festival.  In their place, Mercy Me came and played the last concert of the final night.  They were great -- even without any sleep within the last 24 hours, without half their equipment, or without much of a clue what they were going to perform.  And we worshiped together, because it didn't matter that everything didn't come together perfectly on stage.  They were there, their hearts were passionate about God, and they were honest and open and willing to come and serve even during their time off.

2.  Amusement park rides are terrifying.  And I've discovered that it's more fun to watch everybody else scream than to scream myself.  I think that people who ride rides like being scared.  I think they like the rush of adrenaline that accompanies fear.  Me?  I prefer laughing at the screaming masses while I eat Dippin Dots in peace.

3.  I learned that 3 out of 4 Christian teens will leave their faith during their first year of college.  And I learned how to equip myself to thrive in college, not just try to survive.  The seminars at Kingdom Bound were very awesome, and the one by Chris Kiegler gave me practical ideas about college.

4.  for KING & COUNTRY is such an awesome group!  Even though Luke Smallbone couldn't be with them, because he is very sick, the group did a great job together.  They were selling these bracelets and necklaces that have an amazing message.  The bracelets say "respect and honor" and the necklaces say "priceless" on them.  Basically, the idea with them was for girls to remember that they don't have to do enough, be enough, or look enough of a certain way to be loved.  They are priceless.  The world wants girls to feel cheep.  Like they have to give themselves away to be loved.  It isn't right and it isn't true.  So Joel Smallbone encouraged all of us girls, and told the guys as well, that we are priceless in the eyes of our Creator and that we never have to sell ourselves short of that.

5.  I got to see so many people!  I got to see my friends from camp and from the church I used to attend and just people I hadn't seen in forever.  And all the bands!  Mercy Me, for KING & COUNTRY, Audio Adrenaline, Thousand Foot Crutch, Colton Dixon, Hillsong United, Newsboys, and so many other groups that just blew my mind.  They have such a fire for Jesus, such a passion for ministry, and I'm thankful that I got the chance to see them and be a part of all of Kingdom Bound.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog! I haven't been able to read many posts but I love that you both really love God!
    If you'd like, you could check out my blog here : http://desertviolet.blogspot.com
    I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! I'll have to check out your blog soon!

      Delete