Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Holding on to Hope

Being that Hope is my word for the year, I've been on the lookout lately for songs that speak to me about the Hope that God gives us.  The first one the radio that made me stop and listen was "Not for a Moment" by Meredith Andrews.  I saw Meredith at CMS @ the Chapel this spring, and she was such an inspiration to listen to.  This song really struck me as the perfect song of hope.

Never will Jesus forsake me, even when I can't see Him.


Sometimes it seems that Hope is like a vapor.  It appears for a second, but you can't grasp it.  If you reach out your hand to touch it, it vanishes.  Maybe you'll see it again, maybe you won't.  But God isn't a vapor.  And His plans for us are concrete.  It's not that God might help us.  He will be there for us, however He sees that we need help.  We may not see how He can be in a situation, but He will never forsake us.

The other song that speaks to me about God's constant presence in my life is Colton Dixon's song, "Never Gone."


God is always with us.  We never have to be afraid.  Sometimes we go through trials -- sometimes God sends us into trials, fully knowing that we will have difficulty -- so that we will run to Him as our strong tower.  For if our Hope is in the Lord, we don't have to be afraid.  He will not fail us.


No comments:

Post a Comment