Thursday, June 6, 2013

When it gets Messy

Hey, guys! So yeah, I know, yell at me all you want... I haven't posted in a while. But, anyway...

When I exercise, I like getting really sweaty. You know why? Because nothing feels better than jumping into a pool after your muscles are sore, and you're hot and, well... messy. That process of all of it, being washed off, of being surrounded by clean water. It feels awesome.

Sometimes, our lives get messy, too. Trust me, I've been there. Recently, even. It's hard, when you feel like you don't belong. When you feel like you've drained out all of your resources. When you feel like you can't ask for anything more out of other people, or they'll get mad and stop talking to you. Like no matter how hard you try, you just can't make things better.

Well, that's because we can't make things better.

We, as sinful human beings, are incapable of doing anything but making big, dirty messes. That's why Jesus isn't a want... He's a need. Our hearts long for the type of acceptance and forgiveness that only He can offer. He holds us in His hand and never, ever lets go. And I'm telling you right now, you're not going to find perfection in any other relationship. People will let you down, and you'll do the same to them. They will give you faulty advice, they will stop caring.

But Jesus won't. 

He came to this earth, because we have messes. Because He longs to heal us and make us holy. I realized the other day... why wasn't I talking to Jesus about my struggles? He is the well that never runs dry. When we're all sweaty, He's that pool that will wash us clean. 

So jump in. It's beautiful inside. 


~Elizabeth

1 comment: