Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Love the Way You Hold Me

Several months ago I blogged about God being our holy Lover.  It's something I deeply believe is a fundamental truth, and sometimes I think Christians overlook it as part of God's character.  It is an easy thing to do -- I constantly forget that not only does God love me as Father, but He also loves me as Bridegroom.  Usually this term is used when referring to God's love for His people as a group, but I also think that it can be applied to each individual believer, too.

This song by Jamie Grace is beautiful, and it expresses this feeling so well!  It reminds me that all I could want in a boyfriend/husband is right there -- present in Jesus, the only One who can love me fully.




1 comment:

  1. So true. I have actually been thinking about that same thing. God is everything we need, when we need it :)

    ReplyDelete