Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pride

My dad said something the other day that I thought was worth quoting here:

"Well. . .I guess that all things that block us from God branch off of two things: pride and greed."

I pondered this for a while, and realized just how true it is.  So. . .what to do?

So, I thought. . .Well, what would happen if we cast those two things away?

Well, my friends. . .miraculous, unfathomable things. Because then, not only would you believe in Him, but you would also be much more willing to accept His will.

The only thing is. . .These things aren't easy to do. You can't just say, "Ok, I just won't be greedy/prideful." 

That's when Satan will attack you--when you're over confident. So that he can break you enough that you won't want to get back up. But. . .

I believe that there are two main ways to address these issues:

1) Spend time with God--dig into His word, pray and offer praise.

2) Put yourself in a position where there's no room to be prideful or greedy. Try sponsoring, or donating regularly to a Christian organization for greed--get used to giving some of your money to God. Then, try volunteering somewhere, like a food kitchen, for example. Somewhere too filled with humble, Godly work to be prideful. 

This is a difficult thing to do--and you can't just do one of them, they must be done together. ~Elizabeth

"Humble yourselves before the LORD, and He will lift you up." James 4:10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment