Thursday, September 15, 2011

"I Shall Not" What?!?!

That's right. . .the Bible says we shouldn't be in want, because God gives us everything we need. Not necessarily everything we want--but hey, isn't it in our  human nature to want things that are un-healthy for us? Sometimes we may not realize that what we want is bad for us until long after the fact, maybe not even then. The good news, however, is that God knows what we actually need, and what is good for us. I based today's post on a psalm. A quite famous one, actually:

 Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the valley of death shadow,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.

 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment