Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Weekend

I had a great weekend.  It was busy and, sometimes, stressful, but it was AWESOME.  Here's what I did:

I bought new shoes...
Need I say more???

I had my piano recital
and it went really well, considering I didn't get so nervous that I forgot the piece midway and couldn't remember it AT ALL (which may have happened a couple years ago...)  I've really been praying that God will grant me peace this year -- with recitals, driving, State School of Music Association exam, etc.  I tend to get really stressed out about stuff like that, and my poor brain starts spinning with all the what if _____ happens? that I do really poorly.  But God has slowly been working on me, and I'm learning to let go, because I'm not in control anyway.

I went to CMS at the Chapel
It was so much fun!  The Christian Musicians Summit in Gettsville, New York, is a two day event for Christian musicians, media people, and worship leaders.  It's held in New York State, Tennessee, and Washington each year, and it's such a huge inspiration to everyone who attends.  This year I missed a couple of the workshops (I had to leave for my piano recital :) but I still learned so much!

Every year I discover a new artist or two that I absolutely fall in love with.  Last year, it was Christy Nockels  and the City Harmonic.  If you don't know who they are, you should absolutely check them out on YouTube, especially Sing Along and Manifesto, respectively.  This year, I found two artists that I am a fan of.  The first is Mandisa.  Although I had heard of her before CMS, I only knew a couple of her songs.  So, about a month ago, Lizzie and I bought her newest CD (What if We Were Real), and we instantly loved every song.  She is such an amazing woman of God!  It was a privilege to get to meet her and to take a class from her.  I also got a picture with her!


The second artist that really inspired me was Tim Timmons.  Tim has had incurable cancer for twelve years now, but he's still going strong -- glorifying his Creator with his voice and his music.  I wanted to post his song, "Christ In Me", but I couldn't find it on YouTube :(  This song is called "Cast My Cares."  It is such a beautiful song, and it speaks to me on days when I start to worry and let life get to me.


That's what I did this weekend.  What about you?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend...much more exciting than mine :) I don't know much of Mandisa's music, other than a couple songs that they play on the radio, but I have heard/read a few of her interviews, and I have major respect for the woman. She seems like she is so genuine. What a great experience to meet her and learn from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth checking out more of her music! I love her songs, especially What If We Were Real and Stronger. She is so heart-felt and sweet! When someone went up to her to get their pic taken with her at CMS, and they were talking about giving the pic to their friend who was in a dark place, Mandisa broke out praying for her. It was awesome!

      Delete
  2. I heard Tim Timmons recently and really enjoyed his music! His song "Cast my Cares" is amazing!! Cute shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ;) Tim Timmons songs are so raw, fundamental, and just simply beautiful -- it was a privilege to hear him sing!

      Delete
  3. well, my weekend was full too! I went to both CMS concerts (with you) and the Compassion Advocates Retreat. It was amazing, but I am a little jealous of your photo with Mandisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! I recently discovered Tim Timmons- and my! I have been so blessed. My weekend... pretty uneventful! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how when you discover something new it seems like everyone else just has too? That's what happens to me, usually!

      Delete