Saturday, April 13, 2013

YOU could be a hero

This song is so inspiring...


You could be the change in this world,
Rise above the normal, 
You don't have to be afraid anymore,
We are the light, we are the hope,
We are the love inside worth fighting for.  
You could be a hero.

It takes stepping just outside of our comfort zone.  It takes a deep breath, closed eyes, and hands raised to Jesus.  It takes a simple "Yes" to whatever God has asked of us.  It may seem hard to let go of our plans for our lives, but God wants us to live for others.  When Jesus came to earth, He came as a servant, a friend, and a healer.  He wants us to do the same.  He wants us to reach out with open arms to the broken, the lost, and the weary, and lift them up.  In reality, the actual, physical work of helping others isn't hard.  It's the conquering of "me" that I find difficult.  I realize the need, but, sometimes, it's hard for me to get past all the reasons why someone else should help them.  I can find a myriad of excuses why I'm not qualified, or why I don't have the time, or why someone else is so much better at helping than me.  

But the truth is, I am God's vessel, and if God is big enough to help, than He can use me -- even if it's only in some really little way -- to change the world.


If you would like to sponsor a sweet, little girl from Mexico, please let me know!

1 comment: