Friday, November 16, 2012

Busyness

Hi, guys! It's Elizabeth here. I know, it's about time. I'm not even going to go back and look to see how long it's been since my last post. It's probably pretty scary. :(

But tonight I'm going to talk about the reason (besides procrastination ;)) why I haven't been posting:

Absolute and utter busyness. I have so much homework and schoolwork, plus this month I'm doing NaNoWriMo... I thought this year it would be fun to pile lots of things in my life... I'm learning from that mistake right now. ;)

Aylin actually just posted a few songs that I've been listening to a lot as well lately. They're AMAZING. If you haven't listened to them, you seriously should.

I was on Facebook the other day, and saw this quote from Alex and Brett Harris:

"God doesn't give us conflicting obligations. There will always be enough time to do everything He has given us to do — and no time to waste."

I think it's so true. In fact, it really encouraged me. How much time do we spend, on Facebook, playing games, etc., when we could be doing the things that are giving us stress?

But God also gives us another very important obligation...

You have probably heard of this portion of scripture before, as it is very popular. In fact, Matthew 11:28-29 are some of my very favorite verses:

“…Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

 
I love these verses so much. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that while, yes, God does call us to work--he also calls us to rest. :)  


Like I said previously, Aylin's music choices great, be sure to check them out. Here are a few of my favorites  lately.... 


~Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment